Saturday, December 13, 2008

Doing Something Good in Times of Need

Now's the time of year when its important to pitch in a little bit for the ones who need it most. It is considered the most wonderful time of the year for a reason...plus it makes you put a new perspective on things.

I'll be providing some random thoughts and running commentary throughout the day on our good deed of the season.


What we're doing right now is separating books in separate piles ok pre-K, elementary school, middle school, and high school and adult. One of the difficult things about this is figuring out what books can fit in which categories. I was a teachers assistant for a fifth grade class for a year and I still can't figure it out!


These books will be going to needy charities and will hopefully make a few kids Christmases a little bit better.


So far we've been
 here for about an hour now and we're almost through with separating all the books! 

Needless to say, when we first arrived we almost felt overwhelmed on the amount of books we saw! Hopefully the pictures will do it justice.

Oh and by the way, I'm getting badgered by this kid who's a Rangers fan for being an Islanders fan. I told him I'd mention it here.

I'm very impressed how quickly this is moving along and how organized things are moving. Its 
been a long time since I've done something like this and it does feel good knowing you're doing something worthwhile.

Two hours later...and we're loading books into the back of the van, and I must say I'm impressed with the work we all did, even if I was the subjective punching bag due to my hockey affiliation. They're good kids, I won't hold it against them!

Turns out we have seven more boxes downstairs with a full trunk 
in tow! Overall a successful day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment